[plug] Microsoft Exec: Linux No Threat To Windows On Desktop

skribe skribe at amber.com.au
Sat Jun 24 11:25:51 WST 2006

On Fri, 23 Jun 2006 17:01, Michael wrote:
>  Take Cinelerra  for example, the coders are Nazis and the software
>  reflects this.Premiere does a much better job in this case.

Yeah, I can back that up.  I've been involved with OSS since 93 and it has
been fun watching it grow and mature.  For most things I can always find an
OSS equivalent that is as good or better than what the commercials offer.
The big exception is video production software.  There's nothing even close
in NLE and stuff like Blender is only marginally useful for compositing or
animation at a professional level.  There doesn't appear to be much hope of a
breakthrough in the near future either.

skribe
--
Knucklehead:	"Knock, knock"