[plug] Microsoft Exec: Linux No Threat To Windows On Desktop

Michael quadfour at iinet.net.au
Fri Jun 23 17:01:04 WST 2006

Normally I'd stay away from bait like this, but I can appreciate both
sides of the coin sometimes. OSS doesn't always work well and yes some
commercial software (regardless of platform) is better. Take Cinelerra
for example, the coders are Nazis and the software reflects this.
Premiere does a much better job in this case. Then there are OSS
projects like Xine with terrible coding (race conditions and what not,
especially shows on x86_64).

However, most OSS software is better than commercial software and
whoever says otherwise is likely biased and not knowledgeable, and I'd
say they're a twat. :)

Cheers