[plug] Apache logs

Kirk Turner gameldar at gmail.com
Wed Mar 1 10:59:11 WST 2006

On 3/1/06, Patrick Coleman <blinken at gmail.com> wrote:
> Has anyone else seen anything similar, or have any idea what the
> purpose might be (other than a really, really slow DDOS :)?
My guess, although not common these days, is that it is a browser with
the loading of images turned off.  Under firefox for example you can
turn off the loading of images in Edit->Preferences->Content

If you have javascript or css attachments that aren't being loaded,
then it could also be a robot/spider that is indexing the
site/harvesting for emails etc. The user agent can be faked (its just
a header), so it can't really be determined by that.

Seeing that option again makes me think of turning the loading of
images off. Site loading would be much quicker... but I imagine most
'recent' sites would be hard to read without images these days.

Kirk