[plug] IT support job opportunity

Michael L. Benjamin mike.benjamin at clarinet.com.au
Wed Mar 1 12:32:59 WST 2006

-----Original Message-----
From: plug-bounces at plug.org.au [mailto:plug-bounces at plug.org.au] On
Behalf Of Ryan
Sent: Wednesday, March 01, 2006 12:29 PM
To: plug at plug.org.au
Subject: [plug] IT support job opportunity

It's turning into a bit of a job list today:

We are looking to fill an IT support role as the current employee is
soon off to the UK for other commitments.

You will be part of a small team (me!) and largely dealing with general
user support of Windows XP systems throughout Australia.  This may
include general troubleshooting, provisioning of machines and rebuilds,
IT guidance to staff and user training.  As well as this you will be
involved in the general development and ongoing improvement of the IT
procedures and policies.

There will be a lot of on-the-job training in an a supportive
environment, but obviously, general Windows support experience/knowledge
is a requirement.

You will have a chance to learn and administer a Novell OES Linux
environment, inlcuding GroupWise and ZENworks, however knowledge of
these is not a requirement.  There will be a growing exposure to Linux
and Novell technologies in the job.  I'll even let you programme if you
feel the need.

The position is based in Osborne Park where most users reside, with most
support via phone/email and the occasional trip to West Perth.

It will just be you and me in the 'IT department' so you will have an
influence on the direction of IT within a growing company, but if you
don't like me, think twice about applying :)

If you have a passion for geeky things, are a fast learner and a good
communicator, you'll do just fine.  In addition, if you are young with
little/no qualifications but are savvy with computers, you'll probably
suit also.

If you are interested and/or would like more details, please contact me
directly.

Thanks,

Ryan