[plug] udev, change the config?

John Knight anarchist_tomato at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 1 14:38:39 WST 2006

Hi all!

I've been usinog the lovely Mepis 3.4.3 of late, but I've been used to the
old fashioned way of mounting via fstab, etc. Anyway, I want to automount my
windoze partitions at boot up and maybe give the cdrom drive a spot in the
fstab, but I don't know how to do that, as udev dynamically changes it. How
do I change around the configs in udev to do that? I had a look at several
files like udev.conf, but had n oidea what I was looking at. Anyone done
this before me, and are there any utils around to help out?

Cheers!
John

"...it was brilliant, there was three up against a thousand, and boy, did we
give those three heaps!"