[plug] Fedora 4 yum question

Chris Griffin griffinster at gmail.com
Thu Mar 2 11:51:07 WST 2006

I have installed a fresh copy of Fedora 4 and immediately did a "yum
update". After running over night it finished ok and I checked the
grub config only to find that it still only knew about the original
kernal version.
A re-boot went fine so I decided to do another "yum update"
because....well just because, to my surprise it found many more
updates. Again I said go ahead, again it completed and I still have
only the original kernal.
I have now done this several times, every time it finds more to update.
Am I missing something here, is there something else I must do to get
it properly up-to-date.

This is the first time I have used yum, I normally use up2date, which
I have found to be very painful to use.

Thanks in advance.
Chris Griffin