[plug] wiring a house

simon simon at chrome64.org
Thu Mar 2 21:24:10 WST 2006

Ari Finander (outrider at operamail.com) wrote:

> motorised movement aids, as well as having a not so functional immune system, I don't

You can have some of my immune system if you like - mine is *too* good :) It
even chases things that arent there, destroying my bowel in the process.

Take half of mine and we'd both be right :)

I have no answers for you, except to say that I wired an office once myself
and it was a complete bitch. I have a krone tool here somewhere, and half a
reel of cat5 if you decide to DIY. I think I mightve even nabbed the
connectors from the walls when I 'deinstalled'. Maybe we can have a busy bee
at your place one saturday and get it done :) I guess the main thing would be
to avoid drilling into power......

The general gist of it is to drill a nice hole about 3 ft up the wall. Then
you shove this bendy plastic thing up the cavity until someone (who is
sweating profusely and covered in crap) in the roofspace can hook on a cable
and several strings (worth having just in case you have to replace cable).
Follow the colours, crunch the wires in well, screw the box to the wall and
you're done.

--
Simon Scott
simon at chrome64.org