[plug] leon brooks podcast

Bret Busby bret at busby.net
Sat Mar 4 08:20:09 WST 2006

On Fri, 3 Mar 2006, Alex Polglaze wrote:

> Ok guys,
>
> here it is straight from Lucy
>

>> Here's another suggestion, which may have some merit,
>>
>> Hey, just got a cool idea.. We could do up a Pod cast for Leon of
>> Linux related news..
>> A sort of consolidated collection of readings from weekly releases like:
>> distrowatch weekly newsletter
>> Linuxdevices weekly newsletter
>> Stories from /. and Groklaw
>> If mandrake has some similar setup..
>> etc
>>
>> Give Lucy a voice break and Leon up to date on the latest happenings..
>>
>> follow up;
>>
>> > I guess the best Question to ask first is would Lucy mind us doing that?
>> > I have a spare MP3 player I can loan for as long required, and I
>> > presume being in a hospital a headset environment would be more
>> > polite...
>>
>> This is up to you Lucy, but I think it might be a good idea.
>
> I think it would be an EXCELLENT idea.
>
> thanks the guys for me, I do appreciate the support, and I never would have
> thought of that!  an MP3 player is great as long as it is battery operated,
> (which it is, yes? I am not up on these things!) he cannot wear earphones,
> but I put the earphones of the tape player next to his ear. The hospital also
> has a couple of CD players which can be played for patients' benefit.
>
> thanks, Lucy xx
>

> Well there it is straight from Lucy.
>
> If you guys get it together. We can make it happen.
>
> Over to you.
>

> Alex

Here is something that just occurred to me.

A while ago, I suggested that, with Pia from Linux Australia being in
Perth at about this time, she could do a presentation for PLUG, about
Linux Australia, or something, and, the presentation, if it was to
occur, would have been this coming Tuesday.

Nothing much more, appears to have come of it, apart from a few people
(including Pia), voicing their support.

My suggestion is this; if that seminar does occur, perhaps it could be
recorded, and the recording played to Leon.

I believe that he would be familiar with Pia's voice, with his being an
ex-committee member of Linux Australia, and, depending on what would be
in Pia's presentation, it could cause some reaction in him (if she says
something that may have caused him to laugh, if he were okay, it may
cause some reaction, in his sunconscious mind).

Anyway, it's a thought, and, it ccould possibly help him.

--
Bret Busby
Armadale

  you'll know what the answer means."