[plug] System Integrity check

John Godfrey Foster johnfoster at aapt.net.au
Mon Mar 6 09:02:03 WST 2006

I have (yesterday) updated my SuSe Linux 10 OS using aps (advanced package
system).

But some things seem to have gone wrong. Perhaps this is why YaST does not
seem to do this upgrade.

So I tried to find a system check/trouble shooting module to attempt to
identify what had happended.

The most frustrating thing is the mouse pointer, which is difficult to
control, it moves in jerks. Also response is tardy to mouse clicks.
I got an error message to say possible reason for one problem were:
1	an error occurred during last KDE upgrade leaving an orphaned control
module; and
2	you have third party modules lying around.

Check system and try to remove such modules.

But how does one do this.

Past experience indicates a rebuild will be the quickest remedy.
Any better ideas.

Thanks
John Foster

PS
Thanks to Richard Meyer, Simon Scott, Brad Campbell and Chris Caston for their
help to my hard disc partition access problem. I created a link file to the
required partition.