[plug] [Fwd: FW: Leon Update - Mon 6 March]]

Alex Polglaze apolglaze at book-keepingnetwork.com.au
Tue Mar 7 08:19:32 WST 2006

Here is the latest update as of last night.

Alex

Current update for you.  God bless.  Chris

I just spoke with Lucy and she asked me to update you on Leon's progress.
Leon was taken off the sedation on Saturday and has been waking up slowly
since then. As you can imagine, this is a slow process because of the nature
of the injuries and the level of morphine he is on. He was put in a
chair/bed
for a while today so he could be in a different position. He required
support, but opened one eye slightly and was able to look at Lucy and move
his head to see. He was responding to pain stimulus on his hands and feet
yesterday, but today he has improved to respond to a more gentle touch on
his
feet, and squeezed people's hands with his when requested (after a few
seconds pause). He still has a tube down his throat, but the assisted
breathing has been turned off - he is now breathing on his own!

Thank you for all the prayers - God is with us and is moving mightily. We
are
leaning on him and are being greatly encouraged by the prayers of people
from
all over the world.

We are excited by his improvements but his situation is still very serious
and
there is need for much prayer for the full recovery of his mind. We have no
definite prognosis of the extent of the damage to his brain, but we are
trusting in the wisdom of God. Your prayers are appreciated.

As you can imagine this is still a very stressful time for Lucy and those of
us close to Leon. Lucy is coping immeasurably better than any of us imagined
she would, but she is doing this by concentrating solely on Leon. Having to
focus on food, children, household chores, etc would stretch her mental and
emotional resources right now, so we appreciate the many many offers of help
in many different ways that have been given. You truly are a wonderful
"family"! I know that God will soon provide the strength needed for Lucy to
resume all her daily duties.

It's hard to believe it has only been 9 days since the accident. It feels
like
a very long time, and the journey has many miles ahead yet. We must have
patience and keep positive, trusting God every step of the way.

Thank you,
Jane