[plug] debconf 6, funding/ideas request

Jonathan Young jonathan at pcphix.com
Mon Mar 13 12:05:10 WST 2006

On 3/13/2006, "Paul Wise" <pabs3 at bonedaddy.net> wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>Anyone going to debconf6 in Mexico this year, or is anyone in a position
>to be able to sponsor partial travel costs to allow a prospective WA
>debian developer to attend?

Are you planning to attend?  If so, are you looking for someone else
who's attending so that they could go on your behalf or so you can get
together to plan and/or save on the trip?

>The organisers have informed me that they haven't received
>as much funding as they would like. Since flights to Mexico
>are more expensive from WA than from the east coast, they have
>asked me to find ways to reduce the cost, such as finding extra funding.

Or driving to the Eastern States? ;)

>Is anyone on this list in a position to be able to fund part of my
>travel costs? Even small amounts from several people would be a great
>help.

So what if all the Debian fans on the list (myself included) donated a
dollar.  How much would it raise?

Also, as an aside, what's in it for us to have an attendee in person at
the conf?

>Also, suggestions for finding cheaper flights

Web browser ready?  Marks, set go!

>or other places to look for funding would be much appreciated.
>For example, should I contact linux.org.au?

Perhaps.  Any other suggestions?

--
Jonathan Young
Director of PC-PHIX