[plug] Recommendations for encrypted filesystems or directories?

Timothy White weirdit at gmail.com
Mon Mar 13 14:14:26 WST 2006

> (And thanks for your comments too, Tim - cryptoloop and dm-crypt just looked
> harder to set up, but all the reports said it works well)

>From my experiance, it's simple as pie to use. You can even have it
mounted at boot.
I just run the following commands my self
cryptsetup create mysecretstuff /dev/hda5
Enter the password, and bobs your uncle! (of course, you then need to
put a fs on that device before the first mount)
Then I can mount /mnt/mysecretstuff, which is just mounting
/dev/mapper/mysecretstuff onto /mnt/mysecretstuff

Tim
--
Linux Counter user #273956