[plug] New Mandriva service - music

Shanon autobot at iinet.net.au
Mon Mar 20 10:38:28 WST 2006

That IS interesting.  I have done some research in DRM for online music systems
in Linux and I like it how they have just 'stepped around' DRM instead of using
it.  That guarantees no major music labels ever through their system, as record
labels are very touchy about DRM in digital songs.

Who knows if it will be beneficial to Mandriva Linux or not - i guess they've
just included Mindawn to keep up.  Linspire has signed up for itunes hasnt it?

http://wwwnew.mandriva.com/en/company/press/pr/mandriva_2006_to_offer_online_music_service_feature_through_mindawn

> --
> Richard Meyer <meyerri at westnet.com.au>

~Shanon