[plug] MySQL Server only half there

W.Kenworthy billk at iinet.net.au
Mon Mar 20 10:38:48 WST 2006

Theres at least two issues depending on how you have set up mysql.

my.cnf and mysqlaccess.cnf on the server may need checking (default is
usually local access only)

And the users table in mysql must allow the user at host to connect.

Use the "mysql' client both locally and remotely until you have it
worked out, then try other apps as Ive seen issues with other software
(encryption).

BillK