[plug] installing mandriva

meyerri meyerri at westnet.com.au
Tue Mar 21 15:18:45 WST 2006

From: chris-sisman at dodo.com.au
To: plug at plug.org.au
Subject: RE: [plug] installing mandriva
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 14:54:21 +0800

>Has anyone had troulble with the instalation of Mandriver?

Nope, but then I haven't installed it for a while (over a year, at
least)

>It keeps stalling on me.
>WouldSuse 10 be easier?

Slightly different, but certainly not worse - I'm a SUSE fan myself.
I can recommend it - but then many Mandriva people, Debianistas,
Ubuntuers, etc would all say more or less the same thing.

>and does it co exist with xp?

yes, I don't know whether SUSE can resize NTFS partitions, though - I
knew it couldn't at one stage, whether that has changed, I don't
know, it hasn't been a burning question in my life since I have W2K
on my machine as well, and I use FAT32 for it.

>chris from albany.
>__
Cheers
RM