[plug] Optimise MySQL query

Daniel Foote freefoote at gmail.com
Wed Mar 29 11:39:41 WST 2006

> > I was hoping I wouldn't be the one that does the database work
> > but it looks like I am going to have learn it. Are there any good
> > books you would recommend on the subject or is the mysql
> > online documentation sufficient?
>
> Id drop it in favour of postgresql :)

I'm hoping to move my various databases over to Postgres...
challenging, given that MySQL works quite differently to Postgres.

Command Prompt, Inc publishes a book about Postgres, which they also
have online. I read through it - taught me what I need to know about
Postgres. It also contains a fair bit of info about SQL itself.

I found it useful...

http://www.commandprompt.com/ppbook/

Have fun!

Daniel Foote.