[plug] Anybody used linux on a sony vaio VGN-TX27GP/B

W.Kenworthy billk at iinet.net.au
Thu May 4 16:07:43 WST 2006

Just picked it up - couldnt resist and booted it immediately using a
gentoo 2006.0 livecd.  Seems everything is pretty standard.  One
interesting point is this thing can play CD's without being booted up -
does it by an embedded linux system! There is a list of linux files
involved in the manual.  Have to see if I can keep it when I
repartition.

Nothing like a 'new' toy - I know what I am doing tonight ... "death to
windoze!"

Billk