[plug] Microsoft's insidious domination in Australian schools

Caleb Duggan caleb.duggan at gmail.com
Thu May 4 19:01:00 WST 2006

At the school I go to, that isnt the case. There's one linux proxy server
and, the suggestion of setting up a linux lab with some of the older
machines was welcomed by the IT administrator except the problem was time
and lack of spare rooms. Something called the "100 schools project" which
is where a few of the public schools get heaps computers, software and
networking equipment actually requires that each school uses a solaris
proxy server so far as i know(dont quote me on any of this) and the
solaris proxy server will replace the current debian server soon. There is
also a mac lab and a few rooms with some mac's in them at school.