[plug] Microsoft's insidious domination in Australian schools

Gavin Chester sales at ecosolutions.com.au
Fri May 5 00:57:07 WST 2006

Thanks for the empathic and helpful responses to my previously posted open
letter.  Your suggestions reminded me of the existence of 'OpenSource WA'
http://www.opensource.wa.gov.au/  so I scoured that website for info before
sending off a emails to two key people listed there and also to the contact
given for the 'OpenSource WA Demonstration Centre'.  Specifically, I emailed
seeking their advice on influencing the Dept of Education into considering
FOSS in their curriculum, or at least finding out if the official position
is tolerant of independent FOSS initiatives in schools.  I will report
further if this gets a foot in the door in West Australian education.
Meantime, I appreciate the other efforts some of you will be making, via
your own contacts, to clarify the place of FOSS in WA govt schools.  Bring
it on ;-)

\regards, Gavin.