[plug] Bootable linux on an external harddrive

Kev kdownes at tpg.com.au
Wed May 10 12:28:12 WST 2006

G'day Ron

ronald_jones at optusnet.com.au wrote:
> Hello,

> I have been looking at the LaCie GlobeTrotter 2.0 and think it is a very cool idea. It uses Mandriva and is made by a french company. I was wondering if anyone else knew if there were other (australian?) companies making bootable systems on external harddrives with other distributions.

You can get rather nice aluminium (or plastic if you wish) boxes in 3
different sizes that will take 2.5", 3.5" or 5.25" drives.  The largest
box will take CD drives or hard drives.  This way you can put whatever
size drive with whatever OS you want inside.  There are at least I-Rock
and Welland brands available locally, and there are plenty of models,
ranging in price from about $20.00 and up.  Go and have a look at ...

     http://www.anyware.com.au/

If you don't know a dealer who sells this stuff, give me a call and I
can probably help out.

Cheers
Kev

Kev Downes
kdownes at tpg.com.au  ph 0404 7 0808 2
We use and recommend Xandros 3.0.2
There are 10 types of people ...
    ... those who understand binary, and those who don't!