[plug] Firefox helper applications.

Shannon Carver shannon.carver at gmail.com
Mon May 22 13:32:19 WST 2006

Hi Jason,

With regards to your problem playing WMV9 files, if you do not have the
codec, you're best to the get the all-*.tar.bz2 fie from mplayerhq.hu (The
latest being 20060501.tar.bz2
(http://www.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/releases/codecs/all-20060501.tar.bz2) and
put it in the /usr/lib/win32 directory (Or appropriate directory for win32
codecs for your linux distribution).

I've used Debian/Slackware/Gentoo/Ubuntu and all use /usr/lib/win32, but I
seem to remember one using /usr/lib/wincodecs or something similar as
well.

The above file (12MB), is the most complete codec package I've found, and
it enables me to play basically all files (including quicktime mov's and
realplayer rm's) apart from asf's, of which are hardly important (to me)
anyway!

Hope that helps

Shannon Carver
shannon.carver at gmail.com