[plug] Linux vendor in bed with the Redmond Monster

Gavin Chester sales at ecosolutions.com.au
Fri Nov 3 09:07:59 WST 2006

Novell in bed with the Redmond Monster?  I shrieked when I read this
press release from Novell today (snippet below):

"Today, Microsoft and Novell announced an historic new initiative.
Important primarily because it means a lot to the communities we serve.
Most notably, our customers. See release here:
http://novellevents.novell.com/t/1449697/51247086/2401/0/

Let me begin by quickly outlining what we just announced. Microsoft and
Novell, starting today, have agreed to build and market solutions so
that Novell's technology works on Microsoft and vice versa."

Is this a wise case of "keep your friends close and your enemies closer"
or is Novell modelling itself on Microsoft?  It worries me because I
have switched to using Suse in the last 6 mths because I found it the
best distro for me by far.  Your comment on the news invited.

Gavin