[plug] Linux vendor in bed with the Redmond Monster

Kev kdownes at tpg.com.au
Fri Nov 3 09:48:46 WST 2006

Gavin Chester wrote:
> Novell in bed with the Redmond Monster?  I shrieked when I read this
> press release from Novell today (snippet below):
>
> "Today, Microsoft and Novell announced an historic new initiative.
> Important primarily because it means a lot to the communities we serve.
> Most notably, our customers. See release here:
> http://novellevents.novell.com/t/1449697/51247086/2401/0/
>
> Let me begin by quickly outlining what we just announced. Microsoft and
> Novell, starting today, have agreed to build and market solutions so
> that Novell's technology works on Microsoft and vice versa."
>
> Is this a wise case of "keep your friends close and your enemies closer"
> or is Novell modelling itself on Microsoft?  It worries me because I
> have switched to using Suse in the last 6 mths because I found it the
> best distro for me by far.  Your comment on the news invited.
>
> Gavin

Some interesting postulations here.

http://blogs.zdnet.com/Gardner/index.php?p=2369

Kev Downes
kdownes at tpg.com.au  ph 0404 7 0808 2
We use and recommend Xandros 4.0.0
There are 10 types of people ...
   ... those who understand binary, and those who don't!
"Jesus Christ is the centre of everything and the object of everything;
He who does not know him, knows nothing of the order of the world
and nothing of himself."             Blaise Pascal