[plug] Linux vendor in bed with the Redmond Monster

Arie Hol arie99 at ozemail.com.au
Fri Nov 3 21:52:30 WST 2006

On 3 Nov 2006 at 9:07, Gavin Chester wrote:

> Novell in bed with the Redmond Monster?  I shrieked when I read this
> press release from Novell today (snippet below):
>
> "Today, Microsoft and Novell announced an historic new initiative.
> Important primarily because it means a lot to the communities we serve.
> Most notably, our customers. See release here:
> http://novellevents.novell.com/t/1449697/51247086/2401/0/

Brings to mind an old saying :

If you can't beat them, join them.

I suppose that this arrangement will mean the subversion of open source
into closed propriety systems.

Quite some ago I called Microsoft a "Parasitic Juggernaut" - now it looks
like the parasite (Microsoft) has found a new and willing host  (Novell) -
 and between them they will suck open source dry - all for the sake of a
profit.

If any new players look like breaking onto the scene - they will be
attacked by the willing host and its parasite.

Regards Arie