[plug] Dying Samba Server

Brad Campbell brad at wasp.net.au
Wed Nov 8 20:51:45 WST 2006

Timothy White wrote:

> Brad, I notice you appear to have all SATA drives except for the boot
> drive in your main machine? :p I have basically just SATA now in my
> workstation. Sooo much nicer :p

Yup.. http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a109/ytixelprep/F.jpg

Wanted the ability to hotswap the drives if one failed. And also, keeping them in the SATA hotswap
bays keeps them nice and cool.

The boot drive is ATA only because with the 3x4port sata controllers in the machine plus the onboard
sata ports I could not boot from the ports I wanted to boot from.. So I stated ATA with the system
drive as it made life easier. I'd hate to wire up 15 drives with PATA cables!

Brad