[plug] iiNet job on Seek

Bernd Felsche bernie at innovative.iinet.net.au
Thu Nov 9 13:30:32 WST 2006

"Daniel Pearson (Flashware Solutions)" <daniel at flashware.net> writes:

>And also to note - working in the industry myself and rubbing shoulders
>with a lot of other companies out there - that same job at iiNet would
>be offered at another company, with for example a 60k starting salary.

>As the old saying goes - if you pay peanuts, you'll get monkeys (or
>whoever it goes..). That is the problem I see with that job for iiNet,
>and perhaps why it has been advertised so often / had such a high
>turnover rate. If you want quality employment, then its simple - you pay
>for it.

>Just my $0.02 worth.. YMMV :)

To be fair to iiNet; they may be having trouble getting people who
can actually do the work.

The "Human Resources" people usually have no idea and will typically
discard candidates because they don't have as many boxes ticked.
It's also hard to get good HR staff. :-)
\ /  ASCII ribbon campaign | "If we let things terrify us,
 X   against HTML mail     |  life will not be worth living."
/ \  and postings          | Lucius Annaeus Seneca, c. 4BC - 65AD.