[plug] aarrgh - file system becomes 'read-only'

Arie Hol arie99 at ozemail.com.au
Thu Nov 9 17:36:39 WST 2006

8<-------- snip ----------->8

> Any ideas welcome.  BTW:  I can recover by rebooting and repairing the
> file system.

I have read an article recently where it explains that an "error" in the
filesystem can cause the filesystem to become 'read-only' in order to
protect data affected by the filesystem error.

I am not an expert here - but have you checked your filesystem for errors
???

What about your partitions ?

Do they have any errors ????

The article in the July 2006 edition of "Linux Magazine" on page 87,
covered various aspects of 'mount' and 'fstab' when using the 'command
line'.

Regards Arie