[plug] e-mail pictures

Arie Hol arie99 at ozemail.com.au
Thu Nov 9 21:58:39 WST 2006

On 9 Nov 2006 at 19:46, Alex Polglaze wrote:

8<----------- snip -------------->8

> Sometimes, the cousin and I both receive e-mails with just empty boxes
and
> the e-mail text, no attachments. Other times we receive an e-mail with
> pictures embedded and sometimes as attachments.

8<----------- snip -------------->8

There could be a difference because of the way that some users configure
their email client - e.g. my email client (Pegasus) allows me to select
between 'embedding' an attachment  within the email message or attaching
after the email message.

Personally I prefer to attach 'after' the email message.

For any Windows user - I would recommend Pegasus available as a free
download from :

http://www.pmail.com/

I have Pegasus configured with an account for each member of my family
and in some cases accessing more than one pop account for each family
member.

If you install and configure it correctly the first time - you never have
to install it again - no matter how many times you need to re-install
Windows.

To move it to another PC you just zip it, copy to new PC and unzip it and
send/receive mail without losing any of your mailboxes or your
configuration.

Definitely better/safer than using Lookout.

Regards Arie