[plug] Filesystem compatibility

Arie Hol arie99 at ozemail.com.au
Sat Nov 11 22:57:34 WST 2006

Sorry, I made a mistake (had my wires crossed)

On 11 Nov 2006 at 22:43, Arie Hol wrote:

> On 11 Nov 2006 at 21:26, Dave Dartnall wrote:
>
> > Can an NTFS-based XP system read fat32 or ext3 files?

 Win XP can read FAT32 filesystems with out any problems.

 Beware - FAT32 filesystems have a 4Gb file size limitation.

To read Linux file systems from Windows you need a utility called
"explore2fs" - but it is getting a bit long in the tooth.

You can download a copy of "explore2fs"  from :

http://www.chrysocome.net/explore2fs

OR :

To read Linux file systems from Windows you need a utility called
"Virtual Volumes" - but it does have problems with LVM systems - for more
info goto :

 http://www.chrysocome.net/virtualvolumes

You can download a copy of "Virtual Volumes"  from the above web site.

HTH

Sorry about the error(s)............ one, two, many red wines with
dinner...... damn typos...... guess I'll have another red wine......  :-)

Regards Arie