[plug] greetings from old, new plugger

Sol Hanna sol.hanna at three.com.au
Sun Nov 12 13:33:00 WST 2006

Hi all,

I've just signed up to the list and thought I'd just quickly introduce
myself. The name's Sol and I've been using Linux since November 2000.
Currently - as of the last month - I'm using Edubuntu (Edgy Eft) and I'm
looking to get more involved with the Edubuntu project over the next
year. (Anybody here using Ubuntu?)

I've been a PLUG member previously but dropped off about 3 or so years
ago when I became president of the BSWA (www.bswa.org) which saw a large
increase in my responsibilities and email! But I'm planning on stepping
down from that come February, so I'm looking forward to getting back
into some fun, geeky kinda stuff. :D

By trade I'm a secondary school teacher (as of this year) and I'm
teaching at Willetton S.H.S. Currently I'm teaching Society &
Environment (I'm a History grad), Work Studies, Media and Computer
Extension. I've just been offered the opportunity to teach yr8
Academically Gifted Students next year, and I'm hoping to integrate ICT
(and FLOSS) into my teaching as much as possible.

Apart from that I'm a man with a LOT to learn. Hope I can learn from the
abundant experience of the propeller-heads on this list. :D I know I
learnt a hell of a lot when I was on the list previously. ;) Who knows,
maybe I'll even venture a few dumb ideas of my own. :P

cheers; sol