[plug] configuring Xorg so I can use a digital projector.

William Kenworthy billk at iinet.net.au
Sun Nov 12 19:02:51 WST 2006

What is the exact chip? i810 or one of the newer i915's?  They can act
differently.

With my i915 on a sony vaio, the ext monitor defaults to off.  I have to
use "i810switch LCD on" or "i810switch CRT on" - I forget which and I
have both in the config file - possibly because I use either on the ext
socket at times.

The i810 series and xorg drivers are PIGS.  I still cant get more than
768 vertical in either the builtin LCD (which is native) or external, so
whenever I use a high res projector or external projector, I can only
run 1024x768 max

:(

BillK

Home!