[plug] configuring Xorg so I can use a digital projector.

Jeremy Malcolm Jeremy at Malcolm.id.au
Sun Nov 12 22:38:21 WST 2006

Sol Hanna wrote:
> Restarting Xorg landed me with errors on the ModeLine, probably because
> I didn't add all that extra stuff after the resolution. What do the
> numbers on your modeline mean and how can I find out what mine are? :?

Unfortunately the easiest way seems to be to use a Windows program
called Powerstrip (http://www.entechtaiwan.com/util/ps.shtm) which can
export X.org modeline entries for you in the correct format.  Either
that, or Google for someone who has the same hardware as you, but I
imagine you've already tried that.

--
Jeremy Malcolm LLB (Hons) B Com
Internet and Open Source lawyer, IT consultant, actor