[plug] google apps for free email and web hosting

W.Kenworthy billk at iinet.net.au
Thu Nov 16 11:19:48 WST 2006

Dont forget that you are putting your personnel and family
communications through a party that has the stated objective of
gathering all the information it can, so it can index it for the world
to access - maybe not directly (who knows about NSA the like though :),
but selling profiles etc.

It bad enough that communications to lists end up in google if even one
person on the list uses google email (I am not talking about public
lists, but more private ones - say your local car enthusiast clubs).

It comes down to trust - maybe I am a doubting Thomas, but I dont
believe in undue exposure.  Its not google itself that I am objecting
to, but the location of so much information about any one individual
being concentrated in one place, and totally out of that individuals
control in how it is used.  Employers are already researching applicants
public profile on the net - what happens if they are able to pay for
private as well as public communications going back years.  Wont ever
happen you say, then have a closer look at whats been happening in the
states ... its not just the goverment(s) that are accessing all kinds of
information about YOU.

Sorry, my paranoia is getting more than just a tickle from this.

BillK