[plug] Had to happen

Kai vk6ksj at westnet.com.au
Sat Nov 18 07:49:46 WST 2006

SCO/MS vs Linux, round 2

Ballmer: Linux users owe Microsoft
http://www.arnnet.com.au/index.php/id;839593139;fp;2;fpid;1

As Pamela Jones said:
Jones also challenged Ballmer to "put his money where his mouth is" and
detail exactly what part of the Linux kernel source code allegedly
infringes upon Microsoft patents, so that "folks will strip out the code
and work around it or prove his patent invalid."

Speaking of which, I saw this page linked from Groklaw...
http://community.zdnet.co.uk/blog/0,1000000567,10004553o-2000331777b,00.htm

Of course the other side is, how much Linux code is Microsoft using ?
I'm not a programmer, far from it, but to the best of my knowledge they
at least use some Unix/Linux code for the Windows TCP/IP stack...there
"could be more", so lets hype that up and claim loudly and proudly that
Microsoft infringes, but refuse to show any code, then drag it out in
court for three years +

--
Photographer and severe weather fanatic

Organised by shooting date: www.vk6ksj.net/gallery/
Organised by category: www.vk6ksj.net/photography/

Favourite recorded storm to date:
www.vk6ksj.net/photography/2006-01-17_Thunderstorm/

Favourite lighting storm on stills camera:
http://www.vk6ksj.net/gallery/rls121106 (2 pages)