[plug] java error

Gavin Chester sales at ecosolutions.com.au
Tue Nov 21 15:49:28 WST 2006

My issue is that I have tried running some java apps for the first time
on my suse10.1 system with no luck. I installed most anything (except
docs) to do with java using 'smart'.  When I thought that maybe the
packaged version was at fault I then when straight to java.com and
downloaded their JRE, but the same problem persisted.  First off, I
checked the jre was working and that I really had the latest version:

gavin1 at susey:~/downloads> java -version
java version "1.5.0_07"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.5.0_07-b03)
Java HotSpot(TM) Server VM (build 1.5.0_07-b03, mixed mode)

That all seems okay, but when I try and run these two java apps I get
the exact same error message:

gavin1 at susey:~/downloads> java -jar bidnobble.jar
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.Error: can't load
com.birosoft.liquid.LiquidLookAndFeel

gavin1 at susey:~/downloads> java -jar JBidWatcher-1.0.jar
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.Error: can't load
com.birosoft.liquid.LiquidLookAndFeel

The fact that it happened with two different apps tells me that the
problem lies with my box.  There is slightly different output after
those lines but that is the main clincher and the rest is just details.
I've also tried running it as superuser but it's the same error.  I had
a look at birosoft.com, but that was no good, and I tried googling on
the error message, but got no hits at all.  Short of trying posting to a
suse forum I've got no idea :-/

Gavin