[plug] Linux Certification

Adam Hewitt ahewitt at ursys.com.au
Fri Nov 24 12:23:10 WST 2006

Hi Joel,

I can recommend the RHCE. It is expensive and difficult, both of
which tends to put people off doing it, so they aren't a commodity
item. I have been using linux in a professional (read: ISP)
environment for nearly 7 years and I know of at least one other
person who has been using linux in an ISP environment for even longer
and we both failed the exam our first try....so it is renowned for
being a true gauge in linux abilites.

I also have the Sair Linux & GNU: Linux Certified Administrator cert
which involved passing 4 exams which I thought were reasonably
comprehensive, however despite Prometric still offering the exams and
training centers such as Excom still offering the courses, the
company seems to have fallen off the face of the earth. I never
received the certificate and all attempts at getting in contact with
the company failed....so avoid them like the plague.

I looked at doing the LPI+ exams and at the time I felt that they
were slightly under par.

Cheers,

Adam.