[plug] PKG_CONFIG_PATH

Gavin Chester sales at ecosolutions.com.au
Fri Nov 24 16:24:46 WST 2006

I can't tell whether I accidentally trashed my existing PKG_CONFIG_PATH
settings when trying to export some new directories to its list :-(  Is
this likely, and if so is there a way to recover it without having to
manually know all directories and export them again?

Trouble is, when I enter 'echo $PKG_CONFIG_PATH' in one console I get a
different output to doing the same in another console :-/  Isn't the
whole thing of exporting it meant to make it stick or is it only good
for the current console session?

If this is a case of RTFM, which FM do I read? ;-)

Gavin