[plug] Using a HDD with Badsectors

Gavin Chester sales at ecosolutions.com.au
Tue Nov 28 09:31:51 WST 2006

On Mon, 2006-11-27 at 14:01 +0800, Bernd Felsche wrote:
> "Arie Hol" <arie99 at ozemail.com.au> writes:
> >On 27 Nov 2006 at 9:04, Bernd Felsche wrote:

-snip-

> You will still get failures. I now have 4 out of 6 18G U329 Seagates
							^^^^
				do you mean U320 (as in, scsi)?

> dead, within service life and warranty. All the same model. Looks
> like a bad model or batch.
>
> Unfortunately the retailer from whom I bought them is no longer in
> business.

In such case your warranty is not void.  If you still have proof of
purchase then Seagate's distributor in Oz would have to honour the
warranty or point you to another retailer/wholesaler that would do so on
their behalf.  SCSI drives are not meant to be throw-away like PATA
drives ;-)

Gavin