[plug] Daylight Rubbish

Bernd Felsche bernie at innovative.iinet.net.au
Tue Nov 28 09:58:53 WST 2006

"Arie Hol" <arie99 at ozemail.com.au> writes:
>On 27 Nov 2006 at 22:44, Jonathan Young wrote:

>> Also, a question I think I know the answer to... What happens if you >
>> just  change the clock in the BIOS during a reboot?

>Your clock may be one hour advanced - but with daylight saving our
>timezone will become GMT +0900 until the end of daylight saving when it
>reverts to GMT +0800.

>So it's more than just moving the big hand on your clock !

Yep. Most NTP clients will refuse to adjust the clock if it's out by
about an hour.

That means that you system clock will drift without being able to
use a real-time reference.
\ /  ASCII ribbon campaign | "If we let things terrify us,
 X   against HTML mail     |  life will not be worth living."
/ \  and postings          | Lucius Annaeus Seneca, c. 4BC - 65AD.