[plug] In gnumeric is it possible to set the either the font or background colour of a cell as a result of a test?

Timothy White weirdit at gmail.com
Wed Nov 29 11:16:17 WST 2006

On 11/29/06, W.Kenworthy <billk at iinet.net.au> wrote:
> In gnumeric is it possible to set the either the font or background
> colour of a cell as a result of a test?  I asked on the gnumeric IRC
> channel, at about the exact second the devs decided to call it a night
> and exit (!) - however it would be helpful if I could get an answer
> today.
>
> I am entering a large number of student scores and it would help if I
> could test a cell for "N" (a fail!) and highlight the cell in bright
> red.

http://www.gnome.org/projects/gnumeric/faq.shtml#9

Does Gnumeric support conditional formatting?
Not yet. the development version has initial support for this (as-of
version 1.6.1), but there is no GUI to edit it.

So the answer is yes, the question is how to use it :p
I'm fairly sure it works in OpenOffice, but I'm sure you're like me,
and prefer Gnumeric.

So hopefully you'll have something to start looking around for now. I
couldn't see in my quick search how to do it. Sorry.

Tim
--
Linux Counter user #273956
Don't email joeblogs at scouts.org.au