[plug] Fedora 6 / vmware question

Chris Griffin griffinster at gmail.com
Thu Nov 30 21:32:11 WST 2006

Greetings folks,

I have installed Fedora 6 under VMware (workstation 5.5.1 build-19175)
and installed the VMware tools. Trouble is when I try to run:

/usr/bin/vmware-config-tool.pl

it gets to the stage of asking for the location of the header files. I
created a link to the correct version so that it would find them via
their default path:

/usr/src/linux/include

but then all I end up with is:

"The directory of kernel headers (version @@VMWARE@@ UTS_RELEASE) does
not match your running kernel (version 2.6.18-1.2849.fc6). Even if the
module were to compile successfully, it would not load into the
running kernel."

But it is not true, I am running kernel 2.6.18-1.2849.fc6. Why would
it come up with the:

"@@VMWARE@@ UTS_RELEASE"?

Any help appreciated.

Regards,