[PLUG] Problems with permissions and group membership...I thnik

sothisistheinternet sothisistheinternet at gmail.com
Sun Oct 1 01:10:18 WST 2006

I made a test directory with the same result: members of the sambaaccess
group cannot cd into it unless I use newgrp sambaaccess (and even then, it's
only for that shell window, not other programs):
[root at server1 /]# mkdir /test
[root at server1 /]# chmod 770 /test
[root at server1 /]# chgrp sambaaccess /test

this has got to be something so obvious that I'm going to feel very
silly....right?