[plug] Accidently saved to /tmp in OO.o

Kev kdownes at tpg.com.au
Mon Oct 2 14:21:49 WST 2006

Tomasz Grzegurzko wrote:
> Debian-based distros usually clean out /tmp on every boot. I got
> caught out by this at work once and wiped out a WHOLE bunch of stuff
> (NFS mounted), the manager wasn't too pleased.. Suffice to say, /tmp
> is about as volatile a storage as they come and should be considered
> so. Sorry to hear about the data loss.

For my own convenience I've always made a .temp directory in my home
directory and pointed various things (including OpenOffice) at it.  Now
I know why.  Thanx for that.  You can always set OOo to "always make a
backup" - I do that too.

To be sure, to be sure :-)

Kev

Kev Downes
kdownes at tpg.com.au  ph 0404 7 0808 2
We use and recommend Xandros 3.0.2
There are 10 types of people ...
   ... those who understand binary, and those who don't!
"Jesus Christ is the centre of everything and the object of everything;
He who does not know him, knows nothing of the order of the world
and nothing of himself."             Blaise Pascal