[plug] apt-cacher

Steve McLevie groupsmcl at iinet.net.au
Tue Oct 3 15:37:24 WST 2006

Quoting Adrian Chadd <adrian at creative.net.au>:

> I run a transparent http cache at home which caches the packages
> files.  I then have an NFS export for my debian and ubuntu servers
> (one for each) which they can then dump packages onto.
>
> This seems to do the job quite nicely!
>
> What does apt-proxy/apt-cacher give you over that?
>

> Adrian

Hi guys,

The main task is to reduce download traffic.  However this is achieved is not a
matter.  The apt-cacher looked good conceptually but having a read of the bugs
and some of them not being categorised for a considerable period of time I
reckon it just might be little stalled.

I may pick up apt-proxy.  But I thought there were some issues with that one as
well...

Since I have only 2 machines I might also just copy the folder in question !!

Thanks for your thoughts - they are appreciated.

--
"Annihilate all desire" - Mahatma Ghandi