[plug] apt-cacher

Gavin Chester sales at ecosolutions.com.au
Tue Oct 3 17:02:06 WST 2006

On Tue, 2006-10-03 at 15:37 +0800, Steve McLevie wrote:
> Since I have only 2 machines I might also just copy the folder in
> question !!

Presumptuous of me to chip in here, since I don't run debian and know a
little about nothing ;-)

If the other tools recommended to you so far are buggy and you you only
have two PCs, why not just setup apt NOT to flush its cache on the PC
that does the upgrades and then copy that cache folder across to the
other PC, or just share the folder on your lan.  Then point apt on the
2nd PC to that local store of files.  I did this with yum once on a
fedora setup, so do-able with apt too, I imagine.

Gavin