[plug] Filesystem benchmarks

Stuart Midgley stuart.midgley at ivec.org
Wed Oct 4 17:18:58 WST 2006

hmmm... its never that simple...  removing a large number of files under
xfs is extremely slow (one of my directory removes took 40mins).  Also,
I can crash our XFS system quite easily by running a file thrashing
program (kdb shows it crashed in an xfs thread in the kernel).  SGI are
trying to find the bug but struggling to figure out what it is.

Stu.

--
Dr Stuart Midgley
Industry Uptake Program Leader