[plug] Filesystem benchmarks

Lance Duivenbode plug at duivenbode.id.au
Wed Oct 4 17:28:19 WST 2006

I'm sure you already know this but if you have a few PC's and use distcc it
will dramatically shorten the setup time. If you do that and make smart use
of stage tarballs and GRP (binary packages) for large applications (such as
OO and KDE) you should be able to get it up and running reasonably quickly.
Worked for me in a night (PIV 3.2 1Gb RAM).

Lance