[plug] Mounting an ISO image ?

Richard Meyer meyerri at westnet.com.au
Wed Oct 11 12:29:58 WST 2006

On Wed, 2006-10-11 at 11:59 +0800, Max wrote:
> Please someone resfresh my memory, ( getting old i think)
>
> what is the mount command string to mount an 'ISO' image
> so that the contents can be read without burning the disc and then
> mounting the disc ?
> maybe i can't remember the -t  type for a data dvd ?
> i seem to remember that have done it before for a movie dvd iso,
>  now i cant find my notes as to what i am now doing wrong in the mount
> command string.... remembered the -loop bit, but the -t  part of it
> eludes me.
> can someone post the full command string for a data dvd please ?

mount -o loop /path/blah.iso /somemountpoint

That's IIRC - there may be other refinements with telling it which loop
device, but my distro doesn't require that.

Anyway it's a good start ....
There are II types of people - those who can count like Romans and
those who can't.

Linux Counter user #306629