[plug] bluetooth camera phone

Gavin Chester sales at ecosolutions.com.au
Thu Oct 12 17:18:06 WST 2006

On Thu, 2006-10-12 at 17:00 +0800, Michael Holland wrote:
> On Thu, 12 Oct 2006, Gavin Chester wrote:
>
> > I have a friend with a bluetooth-enabled camera-phone who has never
> > worked out how to get photos off the camera onto their PC.  I don't have
>
> It should be very easy in Linux using bluetooth, as it is all standard. No
> "data suite" or custom cables needed.
>
> The KDE browser has integrated support for bluetooth. Just enter the
> bluetooth:/ URL, and its all point & click.
>
> Obviously, you may need to install and start the BT software, depending on
> your distro.
>
> I've done this with Sony-Ericsson and Motorola phones.
>
> Mike.

Thanks that was the sort of reassurance I was looking for in my
ignorance of bluetooth phones.  Trouble is, I think I just found out
that she doesn't even have a bluetooth dongle/receiver/thingy in her
PC :-O  No wonder she's having trouble :-)  If I get my hands on one,
I'll try it in my Linux PC, instead.

Gavin.