[plug] qemu and mouse keyboard probs

W.Kenworthy billk at iinet.net.au
Mon Oct 16 09:41:24 WST 2006

As its a slow news day, heres a problem to mull over:

I have a qemu image with win2k in it that I use for those rare occasions
when I need doze.  However, an ext USB keyboard and mouse work fine, but
the built in keyboard and trackpad on the laptop this is running on
seems to have limited functionality (only within qemu).

I cant to CTRL-ALT-2 etc on the laptop keyboard, but the usb one is
fine.  I cant tap the touchpad to simulate a left mouse click on the
laptop.

Outside the qemu window everything works fine.  google shows a few
mentions of this, but no fixes.  Problem became ugly on the weekend at
home where I dont have a usb keyboard, so I couldnt CTL-ALT-2 to get to
the command window, necessitating a complete shutdown/clean boot before
I could change cdrom images - that gets tiresome very quickly!

Billk